The sheer number of Jewish laws infuses everyday life with endless opportunities to touch the divine within. With this modern translation, the English-reading public can study Jewish law as taught by Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi, the Alter Rebbe, from the original source.
In this new edition, the translation page faces the newly reset Hebrew text. Notations appear when the Alter Rebbe`s rulings are at variance with Rabbi Yosef Karo`s Shulchan Aruch and when other halachic works cite the subject at hand.
This handsome, hardbound volume is a desk-friendly format with a satin ribbon marker.
- The Laws of Loans
- The Laws [Governing] Witnesses, Legal Documents, and [the Deposition of a Legal Document in the Hands of] a Third Party
- The Laws Governing Sales, Presents, and [the Conduct of] Agents and Guardians
- The Laws Governing Unfair Gain and Deception
- The Laws [Governing] Measure, Weights, and Charging Excessive Prices
- The Laws Governing Discovered Objects and Entrusted Articles